Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business Centres (AC & ABC) Scheme
at Nodal Training Center - JVTI, Dharwad
- Enabling Quality private agricultural and allied extension services Promoting
- Entrepreneurship and self-employment opportunities
Salient Features of the AC&ABC Scheme:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate in Agriculture and Allied subjects from Universities recognized by ICAR/UGC, SAUS and of other Agencies approved by DA & FW, MOA & FW, Gol.
- Graduate in agriculture and allied subjects like Horticulture, Sericulture, Dairy, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Home/ Community Sciences, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, Forestry, Food Technology, Food Nutrition and Dietetics etc, from SAUS/ Central Agricultural
- Universities/Universities and graduates in Environmental Science recognized by ICAR/ UGC.
- Degree course recognized by UGC having more than 60% of the course in Agriculture and Allied subjects. 2 year Diploma (with at least
- 50% marks)/ Post Graduate Diploma holders in Agriculture and allied subjects
- 2 year Diploma/Post-graduate Diploma courses with more than 60 percent of course content in Agriculture and allied subjects, after B.Sc. with Biological Sciences from recognized colleges and universities.
- Age : 18 to 60 years
- Training Period : 45 days free residential programme
- Project Cost : Actual total project cost.
- Type of Projects : Individual or Group projects under Agriculture/Allied sectors
- Margin Money : No margin money upto 5 lakh. Above 5 lakh, 10-15% or as decided by the Banks
- Rate of Interest : As determined by Bank (Commercial Bank/Private/RRB/Cooperative Bank).
- Security : Collateral Security upto a loan amount of *10 lakh is waived off.
- Repayment period : 5-10 years-depends on the project.
- Handholding : Post-training up to one year.
- Registration: Candidates may apply online in the MANAGE website, mentioned below and select JVTI Dharwad as NTI.
- Total project cost up to 20 lakh (Individual) & 100 lakh (for a group of 5) is eligible for subsidy. An additional limit of 5 lakh for subsidy purpose is also provided for extremely successful ventures. Credit linked, composite and back ended subsidy with a lock in period of 3 years.
- Subsidy is linked to extension services to farmers. 36% for General category.
- 44% for Women, SC/ST, North Eastern & Hill States.
Project Activities : 32 Indicative Projects and any other project which provides extension services to farmers. List enclosed.
Linkages with ATMA : Minimum 10% of resources of ATMA to be utilized in extension activities through Non-Governmental Sector, including Agripreneurs.
Refresher Training Programmes (RTPs): Conducted for established Agripreneurs with minimum of 3 years' experience for updating their knowledge in the chosen area of activity and to promote business links and Bank linkages.
Nodal Training Center - JVTI (SKDRDP), Dharwad - 580009
E-mail: [email protected], Off Telephone No.: 0836-2970791, Mobile No.: +91 8217817471
INDICATIVE LIST OF AGRI VENTURES UNDER AC & ABC SCHEME :
- Extension consultancy services
- Soil and water quality cum inputs testing laboratories
- Crop protection services, including pest surveillance, diagnostic and control services (with culture rooms, autoclaves, microscopes, ELISA Kits for detection of plant pathogens including viruses, fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and insect pests)
- Micro-propagation including plant tissue culture labs and hardening units;
- Production, maintenance and custom hiring of agricultural implements and machinery including micro irrigation systems;
- Seed production and processing units;
- Vermin culture units;
- Production of bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides & other bio-control agents;
- Apiaries (bee-keeping) and honey & bee products’ processing units;
- Agricultural insurance services;
- Agri tourism
- Agri journalism – film production, farm publications and exhibitions;
- Poultry and fishery hatcheries;
- Livestock health cover, veterinary dispensaries & services including frozen semen banks and liquid nitrogen supply and artificial insemination;
- Information technology kiosks;
- Feed production, marketing and testing units;
- Value addition centers;
- Cool chain including cold storage units.
- Post harvest management centers for sorting, grading, standardization, Storage and packaging;
- Metallic and non-metallic storage structures.
- Horticulture clinic, nursery, landscaping, floriculture
- Vegetable production and marketing;
- Retail marketing outlets for processed Agri-products;
- Production and marketing of farm inputs & outputs;
- Contract farming;
- Crop production and demonstration;
- Mushroom production;
- Production, processing and marketing of medicinal and aromatic plants;
- Production units like dairy, poultry, piggery, fisheries, sheep rearing, goat rearing, emu rearing, rabbit rearing etc.
Note: The above activities are indicative in nature. Any other activity in agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, allied sectors or combination of two or more of the above activities selected by the candidates, which, generate income to the Agripreneurs and render extension services to the farmers will also be eligible under the Scheme.
AC & ABC Scheme… to financially strengthen Agripreneurs.