The Common Service Center Schemes (CSC) is one of the mission mode projects under the Digital India Programme initiated by CSC e-governance Services India Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, promoted by MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) having its registered Office at Electronics Niketan, 4” floor, DLE. Program Management Unit, 6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
The Common Services Centers (CSCs) are internet enabled access points for delivery of various Digital Services (e-services) to the citizens. The CSC enable citizens to avail the government and other services closer to their locality in a transparent and timely matter.
Based on the assessment of the CSC Scheme, the government of India has launched CSC 2.0 Project in August, 2015, under pillar-3 of Digital India Programme, to expand the outreach of the CSCs to all Gram Panchayats (GPs) across the country.
- It is the most efficient system in which government benefits are made available to the general public through technology, in a very transparent and short term manner.
- It is an online technology which provides service to the public in a fast paced manner without transferring the documents in physical manner.
- The concept of one village one CSC can be implemented in all the villages to provide suitable facilities to the eligible.
However, due to lack of awareness of these systems and lack of effective implementation, the services are not being used by the public as expected.
Shri Kshethra Dharmasthala Rural Development Project (SKDRDP) established by Dr. D. Veerendra Heggadeji is now an integral part of the life of the rural people in the state of Karnataka. Considering grassroots network and service of SKDRDP in the state, CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd came forward to extend its CSC services through SKDRDP in the State of Karnataka.
Agreement with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited
CSC e-governance Services India Limited agreed to consider SKDRDP as their partner for channelizing CSC services through its network across the state of Karnataka. Accordingly, in the year 2021 CSC entered into an agreement with SKDRDP to provide CSC services through its existing Customer Service Points across the State of Karnataka.
SKDRDP BC Trust CSC Programme Organizational Structure
- A CSC operator for each 6000 CSC Centers:
A CSC Operator has been appointed for each 6000 CSC centers established across the state. CSC operator is responsible to provide the CSC services to the rural people who visit the center seeking their needy CSC services. Sevaprathinidhi’s and field Supervisors canvas about the CSC services and guide the people to visit the nearest CSC Centers. These CSC operators are well trained by the CSC District Managers in every District.
- A Taluk Nodal Officer for each Project Office:
A Taluk Nodal Officer is appointed for the purpose to take care the needs and hindrance a CSC operator is facing to provide the services to public. On an average of 30- 40 CSC Centers are under the supervision of Taluk Nodal Officer. He/ She personally visit the CSC centers to know the performance and problems faced by the CSC Operator at their Center.
- A District Nodal Officer for each District Office:
A district Nodal Officer monitor and guide on an average of 6-8 Taluk Nodal Officers and the centers under them. District Nodal Officer plays major role in implementing the CSC programme smoothly in the field. The guidance from Head office and Regional Office with regards to operations, accounting, financials etc. is monitored by District Nodal Officer.
- A Project Officer for each Regional Office:
Project officer guide and monitor the District Nodals and Taluk Nodals who falls under his Regional Office area of SKDRDP BC Trust. Performance of the Centers and Nodal officers will be evaluated by the Project Officers. Sample or Random visit of CSC Centers are performed by the Project Officer at Regional Office. Any issues with regards to brought to the notice of Project officer at Regional Office.
- Head Office- CSC Department:
An exclusive department has been setup to look after the operations, Accounting, Financials of the project at Head Office. This department is headed by Regional Director. It consists of a director, project officer and managers. This team is responsible for implementing the project across the state of Karnataka. This team will be in contact with CSC State team as well as Central team for the smooth run of the project.
SKDRDP BC Trust has enquired for the end to end security of the laptops and blocked all other sites in these laptops by installing the security system. IT team developed exclusive software for Accounting, Financials and MIS system to monitor the operations. Grievance redressal team is working at Head Office, receives complaints from beneficiaries and act on them to provide solutions immediately.
- This is First time in the history of CSC to engage a private institution for its services by signing the agreement CSC Services.
- SKDRDP has become corporate partner to CSC and corporate ID/ Master wallet is created with CSC. SKDRDP CSC operator IDs/ sub wallet is linked to this master ID.
- SKDRDP Trust is acting as link to the service provider department and the applicant. Decision of approval or rejection of the application is entirely with the respective service providing department.
- DigiPay can be utilized by SKDRDP CSC operators to convert the hard cash in the hands of SKDRDP SHG members into digital money. This would help us for Digital Programme.
- As this is an online system this will help us to apply for the services error free and transparently.
Other benefits of providing CSC services through SKDRDP
- Poojya Dr. D Veerendra Heggadeji has attached high importance for various social welfare schemed of both central and State Governments. He has been facilitating public to avail such welfare schemes through SKDRDP since last 3 decades. Now official engagement with CSC provided wide opportunity to SKDRDP to facilitate governments various social welfare schemes to right beneficiaries through highly transparent system.
- Online banking services can be delivered to the general public through DigiPay platform. Members can then transfer their weekly savings and loan installment amounts from their personal account to the groups account through the Bank of Baroda App at the weekly meeting.
- Many government services like Aadhar card, voter ID, ration card, old age pension etc. can be delivered directly to members and their families.
- Various benefits can be provided to the members of Vastalya Groups (Aadhar card, old age pension etc.).
- Various equipment can be provided to specially abled people by government which can be made available to needy by applying through CSC.
- Free effective online training can be given on women’s health and empowerment, economic empowerment etc. using CSC platform.
- This can act as added advantage for BC activities.
- Death Certificate can be obtained through our own CSC centers for claiming of the Pragathi Raksha Kavach, Jeevan Madhura and other Insurances in case of death of the members.
- We can renew or opt for new Micro Insurance policies by our-self using CSC platforms.
- Central Govt social security schemes like Prime Minister Jeevan Jyothi Bhima Yojana (PMJJBY), Prime Minister Suraksha Bhima Yojana (PMSBY) etc. can be provided to members directly from us.
- There is a separate health care system called “Tele Medicine”, our members and employees can make use of the services.
CSC Common Service Centers has collaborated with the National Payment Corporation of India to launch Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AePS) at locations where CSC has been acting as Business Correspondent. This payment system is called as DigiPay.
A citizen/customer with bank account can deposit/withdraw amount using Aadhar authentication service of UIDAI. This system facilities disbursement of government entitlements like NREGA, Social security pensions, Handicapped, old age pension etc. of any central or State Government institution/entity.
This system is based on demographic and biometric/iris information of an individual, which reduces the threat of any fraud or non-genuine activity.
List of some of the important services available under Common Service Center Scheme
E-Shram is a portal created by the Ministry of Labor and Employment for the welfare of workers in the unorganized sector who are not members of the EPFO or ESIC. Registered members will be eligible for a variety of benefits of the government.
Citizens who are financially weak and have difficulties in affording medical services are being given the opportunity to register themselves with health insurance through registering for the Ayushman Card.
Aadhar mobile update and addition services on apna CS portal. CSCs are providing Mobile update and addition facility under Aadhar service on Apna CSC portal.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana:
Is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social Security of small and Marginal Farmers (SMF).
All small and Marginal Farmers having cultivable landholding up to 2 hectares falling in the age group of 18 to 40 years, whose names appear in the land records of States/UTs as on 01-08-2019 are eligible to get benefit under the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-dhan Yojana:
The National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self-Employed Persons Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-dhan Yojana) is a pension scheme for shopkeeper’s/ retail traders and self-employed person for providing monthly minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- for the entry age group of 18-40 years. It is a voluntary and contribution based Central sector scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana:
PM Kisan Yojana is a government scheme through which, all small and marginal farmers will get up to Rs. 6,000 per year as minimum income support. This 75,000-crore scheme aims to cover 125 million farmers, irrespective of the size of their landholding in India.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Providing financial support to farmers suffering crop loss/ damage arising out of unforeseen events
- Stabilizing the income of farmers to ensure their continuance in farming.
- Encouraging farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)
Benefits about six crore households, making them digitally literate. With PMGDISHA, most rural households would benefit and enhance their livelihood.
Income Tax/TDS filing
The concept of TDS was introduced with an aim to collect tax from the very source of income. As per this concept, a person (deductor) who is liable to make payment of specified nature to any other person (deductee) shall deduct tax at source and remit the same into the account of the Central Government. The deductee can visit the CSC Service Center and file income tax/TDS.
CSC Common Service Centers has collaborated with The National Payment Corporation of India to launch Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AePS) at locations where CSC has been acting as Business Correspondent. This payment system is called as DigiPay.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan
Is a Government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of unorganized worker.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra Crop Healthcare Services
Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) is an agricultural extension Center created by Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) and its affiliated institutions at the district level to provide various types of farm support to the agricultural sector.
GST & TDS Return, DSC, LLP Registration
Looking at the tremendous response for Income Tax Filing Services in the past the launch of following GST Services through Digital Sava Portal is made available.
- GST Return Filing.
- TDS Filing.
- Application for Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Application for New Company registration (Pvt Ltd and LLP)
- National Pension System- All Citizen Model.
- Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Passport Services.
- Cultural Survey.
- RTO services.
- SIDBI's Udyami Mitra.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.(IRCTC).
- CIBIL Score
- Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
- Vehicle Insurance.
- CSC Health Services.
- Bank Mitra.
- Vehicle Insurance.